Fremont Health Medical Center is a 202-bed healthcare facility, serving Dodge and surrounding counties. The Medical Center is comprised of 90 hospital beds with private rooms and 112 beds of long term care, with private and semiprivate rooms. Located in Fremont, Nebraska, on U.S. Hwy. 30, the Medical Center is the only hospital within the county and is adjacent to several medical office buildings and support services. Fremont Health Medical Center is a nonprofit healthcare facility owned by Dodge County, chartered in 1940. It is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Dodge County Board of Supervisors. While county owned, the Medical Center provides services through its own operations and finances, using no county or taxpayer funds.
Fremont Health Medical Center is licensed by the Nebraska State Board of Health, maintains accreditation through the Joint Commission, and is an accredited Community Hospital Cancer Center, as designated by the American College of Surgeons.
Fremont Health also operates a number of clinics in the region:
- Behavioral Medicine
- Cardiovascular Specialists
- Care for Women
- The Center for Wound Healing
- Family Care (Fremont, Dodge and North Bend)
- General Surgery
- Infectious Disease & Travel Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Lake Wanahoo Medical Clinic
- Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- West Omaha Orthopaedics Clinic
- West Shores Medical Clinic